I’m going to try to do monthly-ish writing progress reports (they may happen every month or every 3 weeks or every 5 weeks, one just never knows with me). This is where I’m at now:
- Terrorific Tales has published in ebook form and the paperbacks are in progress. Just waiting on the final edits from my editor. It has one Amazon review…
- Triggered Reality is with the editor. I have her notes on Eric Clachan’s story and am now awaiting her notes on the other serial killer story in it.
- Flawless Dreams is about half done and I suspect I will send it to the editor the first week of April. I am planning May release.
- Movement in the Shadows has one story done. So far, it is making me broaden my writing horizons.
- Death Demon Trilogy Book 1: Legacies Awakened has six chapters done. These are the continuation of the Brenna Strachan novels and will center on an adult Callie Strachan.
- The next Dysfunctional Chronicle has begun to take shape in my head.
- Ritual Dreams has a plot and a serial killer. I’ll begin work on it pretty soon (after I finish Flawless Dreams).
- The second Reality book doesn’t have a title, but will feature the character stories for Brent Timmons, aka the Tallahassee Terror, and Turkish Jack.
Posted by Hadena James on March 5, 2017
I’ve had a couple of people ask me what the two newest books coming out are. Sometimes, descriptions are intriguing, but they don’t explain the book and I get that better than most. So here’s my take on them.
Triggered Reality is the start of the Dreams & Reality novels. It tells two stories about two killers, both linked by time and a series of events. The first is Eric Clachan the day he took aim and got justice for the murders of Donnelly and Isabella. It also provides some insight into his early days in custody. The second is what’s known as a random shooter serial killer. However, he’s important because he’s the first case worked by the SCTU. All the Reality novels will be told from the serial killer’s point of view. (I can only stay inside the head of a psychopath in small bursts, which is why these become serial killer books not Malachi Blake books)
Terrorific Tales is a hodge podge of short stories and flash fiction pieces. Some are horror, some are humorous, it just depended on my mood when I wrote it. A handful were prompts given to me by readers. There’s also an Aislinn story, a Nadine story, and a Callie Strachan story in it.
Finally, I’m working on a book of monster and ghost stories. I got the cover for it a week ago and love it. Another masterpiece by Covered Creatively!
Posted by Hadena James on February 18, 2017