I’m going to try to do monthly-ish writing progress reports (they may happen every month or every 3 weeks or every 5 weeks, one just never knows with me). This is where I’m at now:
- Terrorific Tales has published in ebook form and the paperbacks are in progress. Just waiting on the final edits from my editor. It has one Amazon review…
- Triggered Reality is with the editor. I have her notes on Eric Clachan’s story and am now awaiting her notes on the other serial killer story in it.
- Flawless Dreams is about half done and I suspect I will send it to the editor the first week of April. I am planning May release.
- Movement in the Shadows has one story done. So far, it is making me broaden my writing horizons.
- Death Demon Trilogy Book 1: Legacies Awakened has six chapters done. These are the continuation of the Brenna Strachan novels and will center on an adult Callie Strachan.
- The next Dysfunctional Chronicle has begun to take shape in my head.
- Ritual Dreams has a plot and a serial killer. I’ll begin work on it pretty soon (after I finish Flawless Dreams).
- The second Reality book doesn’t have a title, but will feature the character stories for Brent Timmons, aka the Tallahassee Terror, and Turkish Jack.
Posted by Hadena James on March 5, 2017
I’m finally making progress with The Dysfunctional Beginning, it required someone to give me a different perspective.
Innocent Dreams is being churned out at an amazing pace.
Fortified Dreams is with the betas and I’m anxiously awaiting feedback. I will totally admit that I am more worried about this book than any of the previous. It’s dark, sinister, and has a ton of characters, most of them serial killers. While it wasn’t hard to write, I’m hoping it’s a crowd pleasure.
Legacies Awakened has purpose and a handful of chapters on it. The Death Demon Trilogy is going to be darker than The Strachan Series. And it required me to have a cup of tea with Satan to write the beginning (those on Facebook will get the joke).
Due to my stroke of luck in the writing department, I have decided to put some books on sale for the month of April:
- Tortured Dreams & Elysium Dreams are both still free.
- Mercurial Dreams, Explosive Dreams, & Cannibal Dreams are $0.99
Posted by Hadena James on April 1, 2016
I decided to give a progress update. I’ve been juggling a lot of different projects and some are moving faster than others. So, feel free to ignore this post if you don’t read my books.
- The first round of edits on Fortified Dreams is complete.
- I have 6 days to finish a Dysfunctional Chronicle which has been giving me fits. I’m just not feeling funny right now. I’m trying to work on that by re-reading Good Omens. It is one of my favorite comedies.
- I am beta reading for another author… Love the book so far, but haven’t had the time to dedicate to it that I had expected. I feel bad about that.
- Legacies Awakened – Book 1 in the Death Demon Trilogy finally found traction. It is going to piss off a lot of Strachan fans, but it has been a great motivator for the series.
- Flawless Dreams is started. I have the first serial killer chapter written as well as the first few regular chapters.
- Ritual Dreams also has the first serial killer chapter written. Nothing more though.
- I have been in a dark mood lately, I think that’s why Fortified fell out as well as it did. I think that also explains Legacies Awakened finally coming to life. And The Dysfunctional Beginning suffering from a lack of funniness, really, I want to have Nadine with a flame thrower solving most of the problems in her life and that just doesn’t work.
- The new Facebook and Twitter banner has been completed. I can never sing enough praises for Angela’s work. Covered Creatively has been a god-send. She just gets me and my writing. It’s amazing that she can create art from adjectives.
- I failed to get out swag, but it is coming! I promise to have it done and in the mail no later than Tuesday. My personal life has overwhelmed my writing life at the moment and I feel beaten down (which might be why I want to start killing off fictional characters, it’s stress relief).
Ok, more later.
Posted by Hadena James on March 24, 2016