So, I’ve spent most of the last two months apologizing for missing deadlines and whining about my pain. However, it hasn’t all been bad. As a matter of fact, some amazing things have happened:
- I officially started Hadena James Publishing, LLC. All the final paperwork is in the mail and the bank account gets started next week. I finally got there. – And for a writer, I realize that wasn’t terribly creative naming. 🙂
- I was invited to join the Horror Writers’ Association. This is really cool. I didn’t go looking to join the HWA, one of their active members is a reader of mine and sent me the invite. Meaning some writer that is more important than me in horror writing circles reads my books! Feeling a little star-struck by that.
- I have been asked by a couple of teachers/professors to come talk to their creative writing classes. Most of the requests came because they found my blog and started reading what I had to say about writing, traditional v. indie publishing, and understanding the commitments required to be a writer, regardless of how you publish. I’m really excited to talk to young people who want to write about one of my favorite things!
- Flashpoint Designs began creating my custom dart shirt. It seems like such a small thing, but I wanted something that reflected my love of darts as well as my love of writing and since I like to write things that are a little dark…we went with cutesy creepy. I can’t wait to show it off!
- I got asked if I would be willing to give a talk to a group of women interested in history! This is a huge deal for me. I don’t get a lot of recognition for things (books or degrees… especially degrees), so for someone to consider my knowledge worth sharing just blows me away. It’s even more amazing that it’s history stuff because I’m pretty sure there are like 100 people that know I have a history degree and most of them are my readers! And history is one of the few things I’m as passionate about as writing.
- The first 3 Dreams & Reality novels have new covers that fit more with the rest of the series. Covered Creatively is working on The Dysfunctional Wedding cover, Flawless Dreams wrap, and Triggered Reality full wrap cover.
- I made nearly as much in June, July, and August of 2016 as I did the entire year of 2015. I have nearly doubled sales every year; this year, I might do more than double which is great! Thanks everyone for reading and bearing with me this year as I have sorta fallen apart and not written as much as normal. Next year will be back on track, I promise.
- But I’m not done for this year. I still have plans to publish in October, November, and December – no hard dates for any of it yet, but they will be coming soon. Getting my pain under control is going to help a great deal with my ability to stay focused long enough to figure out a plot.
So, despite the problems, I’m still having some great things happen and I need to remind myself once in awhile about it. 🙂