Posts have been erratic lately. I know. So, here’s why:
1. I was preparing Belladonna Dreams for the editor and realized I had missed typing some chapters. I’ve spent a few days filling these in.
2. I have been trying to ignore the urge to write on the other stuff. I need to get Belladonna Dreams done. I have all the others started though.
3. My daily writing time has been cut into lately. The racecar blew two engines in one weekend, meaning my SO has been home every evening. Not that it is making a huge difference, because I’ve been dealing with a migraine for several days. It’s a morning/night migraine. I wake up with it, it backs down in the afternoon, then it comes back with a vengence around 6 p.m. My meds are quieting it, but not killing it.
4. I’m also not sleeping well. This isn’t rare and it isn’t insomnia. It’s weird freakin’ dreams. Last night, I dreamed a dog wearing a top hat was singing songs from The White Album (not really a Beatles fan, so I’m not sure why it was singing The Beatles). My mother was throwing dollar bills at the dog, like it was some sort of stripper. My SO was trying to convince me to adopt it because it was so talented. One of my nephews was trying to convince my SO that adopting such a dog would be a disaster, but wouldn’t explain why. And I was trying to point out to everyone that we needed to evacuate the building, because it was on fire. Pretty sure the dog was sent to kill us all. I’m remembering the majority of my dreams and I’m talking in my sleep, never a good sign. According to FitBit, even when I go to bed for 7 straight hours, I’m only getting 4 1/2 hours of sleep… I have it set to normal sensitivity, but it’s still recording several hours of restlessness.
5. I’ve been making some serious changes to how some of my books are distributed (and formatted). This is taking far longer than expected.
However, Belladonna Dreams rewrites and chapter fillers are on the down hill slide into being “done.” I expect to get it to the editor Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Pre-orders will start in August.