I did manage to go to sleep last night. My dreams were weird and slightly creepy. Here are the five I remember:
1. A hybrid hamster/mouse fell on me in my bed and I couldn’t kill it or escape from it (I actually awoke from this one out of my bed, choking on my night guard because I was trying to scream… I do not like mice).
2. My mother baked a pie using belladonna berries and then tried to convince me it wasn’t toxic as long as it was cooked. My SO ate a piece and was fine after a nap. (for the record, they are still very toxic, even cooked) I’m still pretty sure I dreamed my mother tried to kill me… And it’s going into the book Belladonna Dreams… somewhere.
3. My friend went into labor and for some reason, I was having sympathetic labor even though I wasn’t near here (I checked, she did not go into labor last night). Thankfully, I didn’t give birth, even in the dream.
4. My SO dropped a chainsaw on his foot and instead of seeking medical assistance, wrapped duct tape around it. The wound was bleeding through the tape, so he took it off, filled the wound with Locktite and then rewrapped it with duct tape. I called an ambulance and they told me there was nothing they could do because of the Locktite and if he didn’t die from the toxic chemicals, his foot would heel fine.
5. I was in the St. Louis Arch trying to convince my best friend it was a really bad idea to be up there. Someone on the ground began ramming it with an extremely large bulldozer. Oddly, the driver looked like my father and suddenly, my best friend threw confetti on me and shouted “Happy Birthday” as the arch began to crumble. (I guess being in the arch while it toppled was my birthday present)