The Dreams & Reality books have been classified as a lot of different things. I marked it as a mystery and a thriller. Somehow, it was further categorized as horror.
The series is dark, but it is certainly not horror… I’ve even questioned it being a mystery series.
Monday, I ran an ad with ENT. Huge download numbers poured in and I noticed a book that was frequently bought with it. So, I grabbed the book. It was listed as “crime fiction.” I had never seen this category.
A little investigative work told me I was right. The Dreams & Reality books are “crime fiction > serial killers.” I immediately set about rearranging the book for this category and wow!
Three days into it, downloads are still incredibly high. But more importantly, I’m seeing a rise in the number of “satisfied readers.” My Facebook page is grabbing more followers. My blog reads have picked up. Reviews are starting to come in. Twitter followers are rising and retweets are starting to happen. And sales of the rest of the series have picked up, significantly.
Sometimes, it requires research and trial and error to find where your book really belongs. When you do find it though, you’ll see results within a few days.
Funny how that works.